Uncovering the True Cost to Pressure Wash House- What to Expect and How to Save
Pressure washing your house is a great way to keep the exteriors clean and well-maintained. It’s an effective and efficient way to remove dirt, grime, and other buildup that may accumulate over time. However, as with any home maintenance task, it’s essential to know the true cost to pressure wash house, including the expected expenses and ways to save money. In this blog post, we’ll explore the different factors that influence the cost of pressure washing and provide tips on how you can save money in the process.
Here are the critical factors that influence the cost of pressure washing your house:
- Size of your house – The size of your house is a crucial factor to consider before embarking on a pressure washing project. A larger house will require more time, energy, and resources to complete the task compared to a smaller one. This implies that the cost of pressure washing your home will increase proportionally with the size of your property. Therefore, it is essential to seek an estimate from a professional pressure washing service provider to understand how much the project will cost.
- Access to your house – When it comes to pressure washing your house, it’s important to consider accessibility. If your property is located in an area that is difficult to reach, it could pose a challenge for pressure washing providers. Factors such as narrow alleys, steep driveways, and rough terrain can make it harder for pressure washing equipment to be transported to your home. Consequently, this may require special equipment, such as a smaller pressure washer, extra hoses, or even transportation by truck, all of which may add extra costs.
- Cleaning solutions and equipment – When scheduling a pressure washing service for your home, it is important to consider the level of dirtiness and the type of surfaces you have. Depending on these factors, the pressure washing provider may require specialized cleaning solutions or equipment to effectively remove stubborn stains, grime, or other debris. For instance, concrete surfaces may require a stronger degreaser to remove oil stains while delicate surfaces like wood decks may require a lower pressure setting and a gentler solution to prevent damage.
- Frequency of cleaning – Regular maintenance is the key to keeping the costs of pressure washing services down. It’s important to keep in mind that the longer you wait to pressure wash your home, the more buildup there will be. This buildup can include dirt, grime, mold, mildew, and other unsightly and potentially harmful substances. All of these factors can make the job more difficult and time-consuming for a professional, ultimately leading to higher costs for the homeowner.
- Pressure washing company – When considering a pressure washing company, the price is a significant factor. Different companies may have different pricing structures, and some may charge more than others for the same service. It is crucial to get quotes from at least three different providers and compare them. This helps to ensure that you’re getting a fair price and the best value for your money.
Now, here are some tips on how to save money on pressure washing your home:
- DIY pressure washing – If you have a small house, you may be able to pressure wash your home by self using a rented pressure washer. However, keep in mind that this can be challenging, and doing it wrong can lead to damage or injury, so be sure to research the process carefully, or better yet, hire a professional.
- Negotiate the price – When it comes to hiring a pressure washing provider, negotiating the price is a commonly accepted practice. As a homeowner or business owner, you want to make sure that you are getting the most value for your money. Fortunately, most pressure washing providers understand this and are open to discussing pricing options.
- When negotiating the price, it’s important to be confident and assertive. Let the provider know that you are shopping around for the best deal and that you have other offers on the table. This will signal to them that they need to offer you a competitive price in order to win your business.
- Schedule the service during offseason – The offseason is generally characterized by lower demand for pressure washing services, which translates to potentially lower costs to the customer. In addition to availing discounts, scheduling your pressure washing services during the offseason will allow your service provider to work with greater flexibility and focus on providing you quality service rather than rushing through your job amid peak demand.
- Bundle the service – When it comes to hiring a pressure washing service, bundling additional maintenance tasks can be a smart move for both your schedule and budget. Not only will you save time by consolidating your home maintenance needs into one appointment, but you’ll also likely receive a discounted rate for combining services.
Suppose you’re already investing in pressure washing your home’s exterior. In that case, it only makes sense to consider bundling other cleaning services that can complement and enhance the results of the pressure washing itself. For example, hiring a roof cleaning service along with a pressure washing service can drastically improve the overall appearance and cleanliness of your home’s exterior. Similarly, scheduling a gutter cleaning while you’re already hiring a pressure washing service can prevent future water damage issues caused by clogged gutters, ultimately saving you money in the long run.
Keeping the exteriors of your home well-maintained is essential, and pressure washing is a great way to do it. However, the true cost of this service can be a surprise, so be sure to consider all the factors that can influence how much you’ll have to pay, including the provider you hire. You can also save money by doing it yourself, negotiating the price, scheduling during offseason, and bundling with other maintenance tasks. These tips can help you keep your house looking great and your wallet happy at the same time.